SALE
 

Raul Perez Camino del Norte La Patena

£59.50

Camino del Norte is the collaborative project of two incredible Bierzo winemakers, Raúl Pérez and Luis Miguel Fernández. Their goal was to produce wines with a quintessential Atlantic profile, fresh and elegant capturing the specific terroir of old vineyards planted on the upper river Sil, between Valtuille and Cacabelos. The site benefits from milder temperatures thus yielding fruit that ripens slower an in a more balanced way.

La Patena is a single-varietal Godello from 60 to 80-year-old vines age, delivering a singular, complex expression of the grape. 70% of the wine was aged on its yeast for 24 months in second-use French oak and the other 30% in clay amphora, also on its lees, to gain texture
The result is a complex wine with perfect balance of rich fruit and acidity. This vintage displays an excellent balance between maturity and freshness. Aromas of ripe citrus, quince, wild herbs and honey float over toasty undertone. On the palate, it is silky, generous, very fruit-driven with vibrant acidity supporting the long finish.
Only three years old, this wine can be drunk now but also has a long life ahead of it if you choose to cellar it.

Clear
SKU: WLU908 Categories: , , , ,
 

Description

Grape(s): Godello
ABV: 13%

Current vintage: 2018

Click here to learn more about the producer, Raúl Pérez.

Click here to learn more about our delivery FAQs.

Additional information

Weight N/A
Country

Spain

Grape

Godello

Sustainability

Organically Farmed, Vegan Friendly

Format

Save when you buy a case of 6, Single Bottle

Region

Bierzo

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Raul Perez Camino del Norte La Patena”